Friday, August 22, 2008

The Skyline

Hundreds and thousands of pages have been written about the drawbacks of TV and cinema. However, I have never read one particular point that should have been mentioned. That is, TV and movies take away the element of surprise from life by exposing us to everything. That is the main reason why America didn't look much surprising to me. However, there are some sights so breathtaking, so unique and so mesmerizing, that no amount of TV coverage can take away their charm.

This is one of those sights.

The Manhattan Skyline, as seen from across the Hudson at Newport. I can't describe what I saw, and what I felt this evening when I saw this for the first time. The only thing I can say is, I could not help imagining it the way it looked when two sparkling towers three times as tall as the green dome topped building on the right stood right behind it.

Now I'm dying to go to Times Square! And in the meantime, I'll be posting about my other experiences soon.

1 comment:

  1. Amar prothom theke e mone hay je akhon jara sahorta dekhbe tara oi W.T.C.dutoke khub miss korbe.T.V.r doulote notun bole to kichhu thakchhena thik e , amar bela abar tomra sab age theke chhobi diye r likhe amon kore dichchho je amar dekhle bodhay sab chena lagbe.

    ReplyDelete