Saturday, April 28, 2012

iPost

A lot of important things happened over the last few weeks none of which was worth blogging about. So we are back to the standard dilemma: should I write about something that does not interest me, or should I write about something that does not interest you?

The decision was easy. I chose the latter option.

So here's my first blog post written with my iPhone. Before you start asking me why I bought an iPhone if I don't like Steve Jobs and Apple, let me tell you that I did not buy it. I jailbroke an old iPhone that my cousin gave to me.

My verdict is that it is a cute little toy too small and slow for any serious work. It is bad as a phone since its charge hardly lasts a full day. That is, however, not as big a problem for me as it sounds since I don't browse the net on the go.

On the plus side, it has some nice apps for stargazing, a plethora of games and various other stuff that very conveniently distract me from my stressful work and help me spend my already precious time in more innovative ways. Now without spending a dime I can indulge in tremendously useful and interesting activities like playing musical instruments, count every step I walk and mark every spot I visit on the map. Oh yes, I can tell people where I am on Facebook too!

Wait, did I say that was a plus? Sorry, the real plus is that I can type out a blog post while my laptop is busy with my experiments. The iPhone spell checker and autocorrect, although irritating when I am typing a text message in Bengali were a great help while typing this post.

Speaking of Bengali, I have an app for typing in Bengali too.

এইরকম ভাবে |

So enjoy your weekend while I enjoy mine. I must end here because I think I am getting late for my taanpura practice.

5 comments:

  1. hahhahahaha.. awesome. I really liked the post :)

    practice hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, me too... kintu apni amader phele iphone-er malik hoye gelen Sugata? erokom to kotha chhilona, anti-prochar chaliye apple-er byabsa laate tolar amader je pact-ta chhilo, setar ki hobe?

    khub mojar lekha. jani byasto achhen, tobu majhe majhe likhben, pathokder kotha bhebe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha apni bhule jachchhen je amar iPhone ta jailbreak ar unlock kora. Arthat Steve Jobs er kabol theke mukto. Eta Steve Jobs er byabsa laate othanor dike prothom padokkhep. Tobe ei post, chhobi ar comment sob kichhui puropuri iPhone theke type kora. Apnader bhalo legechhe jene khushi holam.

      As an aside, this is how autocorrect insisted I type the last sentence of this comment:
      "Sonatas halo legechhe nene khushi Nolan."

      Delete
  3. hahahaha. Autocorrect-er joy hok.

    ReplyDelete