A Joyful Experience

...from Hooghly to Hyderabad and beyond.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Mummy's Recipe

Believe it or not, I found the following entry while turning the pages of an old diary that I used as a rough notebook. It's written in my handwriting. I remember watching a programme on Discovery Channel about this, but I really don't remember writing it down.

Recipe for making a mummy (Egyptian Style)
  1. Wash well
  2. Remove organs
  3. Pat dry
  4. Cover with baking soda and salt
  5. Change mixture thrice a week
  6. Wrap in plastic packs (stinks!)
  7. When mummy dries up, wrap in bandages and put in coffin.

I can't say what made me write down this macabre procedure. Or was it written by my Mr. Hyde-like alter ego about whom I don't know? In any case, my enemies better beware, or they may find themselves gift-wrapped inside a mile of bandage.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Aurindam said...

Interesting!!
Oye Bangalore se jate jete kisi ko mummy bana ke hi jayega kya??? No Pun Intended!!

12:02 AM, January 17, 2007  
Blogger Joy Forever said...

@aurindam: Ahem, as far as I know, I live in Hyderabad. You can try it in Bangalore.

12:23 AM, January 17, 2007  
Anonymous abhijit said...

does this really work?

6:43 AM, January 19, 2007  
Blogger Prometheus_Unbound said...

HNY Bro.

Guess we all have secret recipies for making mummies tucked away somewhere in our past. But this one takes the cake.

1:52 PM, January 19, 2007  
Blogger Joy Forever said...

@prometheus unbound: Thanks! I'm back in Kolkata... so I'm off the Net for a few days.

10:05 AM, January 22, 2007  
Blogger ALAKA MUKHERJEE said...

Noydate je lokta atogulo sisu hatya korlo, se bodh hoy eta jane.

3:46 AM, January 23, 2007  
Blogger Joy Forever said...

@pisimoni: Kintu se to mummy banayni...?

6:46 AM, January 25, 2007  
Blogger roopa said...

atrocious :-p

12:57 PM, January 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


I'm reading:

The Weather in Falls Church:

The time in Falls Church:

CURRENT MOON

My virtual puppy

adopt your own virtual pet!